Robert Gill’s Before Or After Yourself

Unfortunately I had to miss the SVA MFA Photo Thesis Show, but I was just looking at some of the work online and was amazed by this project by Robert Gill. Of course, the physical transformation is amazing, but the feats he performed are also incredibly beautiful.

Here’s Robert before his thesis project:

Before. Robert Gill

And here’s Robert after his thesis project:

After. Robert Gill

To see how Robert made the transformation check out his Before or After Yourself video:

Robert Gill Photography

Before Or After Yourself

posted by james pomerantz
Share/Save
This entry was posted in Alumni Relations, Contemporary Art, Random, video. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Robert Gill’s Before Or After Yourself

1. A P A W says:

This guy is my photo professor! Very impressive. It took him 9 months I believe.

2. This is impressive

3. Bernard says:

If I ever saw a get fit / health education / motivational video, then this is it.

Really great idea. And it cost him what, maybe $100 (I’m guessing)?

One question: I’d really like to know how long it took to achieve “transformation”.

4. Ida says:

I saw them at the show. It’s really captivating. I didn’t have time then to see the whole thing though. Thanks for the link!

5. Hey M
    I know that Robert could have used a windscreen, but he chose not to. I’m no sure why he made the choice, but I think he made a good one. I like the low-quality of it all and the constant white noise of wind and water running throughout. For me, it conveyed those elements and their strength and weight.

6. m says:

good for him and a fun video to boot. although i’d like to buy him a windscreen for that mic or have the sound taken out altogether and have an audio track dropped over it.

7. CK says:

this is inspiring! i think, i am going to do some exercise too.

8. Guillermo D says:

amazing!
    I wonder how long it took him to do the whole thing.

9. ciaran says:

Original, clever, and beautifully shot! Thank you for sharing it.

Comments are closed.